Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our house mates....

This is our pet Adolpho 2, we are training him to hunt the endless ants that come to our blender in search of fruit juice. So far he is doing a good job. Sadly Adolpho 1 was killed by a freak spider web accident but pollo sang him a soulful Ave maria and buried him in the yard. We have high hopes for his successor. See how he holds on to he blender cord! So cute!

These are the vultures who are living just outside our front gate. They loved the calamari and trash we left them over the past week. It is very nice to watch them fly all around each day riding the updrafts from the valley. They dont as of yet have names.....

This little lizard gave me the fright of my life when he somehow fell into the pool and decided to use me as his life raft. There i was reading my book when suddenly i felt something climbing up my back and into my hair! AHHHHH!!!! I threw my book in the water and screamed for Pollo who came running like I was on fire. Luckily i wasn't on fire, it was just this tiny chap, who pollo fished out and put on the shore. As soon as he did the little bugger jumped right back on the raft and made an island from chicolinis bump! Very cute.

No comments: