Friday, January 7, 2011

Parenting Resources I like

I loved being pregnant, I had an empowering and pain free all natural birth, and now with Saule at 2.5 I love being a mom.  I say that with 100% honesty.  I think allot of that experience has been shaped by the books I've been able to get my hands on.



Here is a list of resources I really benefited from reading.

Pregnancy and Birth;

Mothering.com
This is a MUST in my mind, its a web page, forum, and magazine all 3 of which have provided me with endless support, information, and entertainment. The forum is a great place to get instant feedback and friendship- it is very active.  This is a pregnancy through adulthood resource. 

 "The Business Of Being Born" 
 "The film interlaces intimate birth stories with surprising historical, political and scientific insights and shocking statistics about the current maternity care system...Should most births be viewed as a natural life process, or should every delivery be treated as a potentially catastrophic medical emergency?"
http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

"Hypnobabies" 
This is a self hypnosis and relaxation book and CD that was awesome for helping me chill out during pregnancy and labor. This is also a great skill to practice for everyday life! Pollo and I did this together.
http://www.hypnobabies.com/

The Bradley Method Of Childbirth
This is focused heavily on husband/partner in birth and birth preperation.
http://www.bradleybirth.com/





Breatsfeeding:

Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International 

Kellymom.com
Is a wonderful web page devoted to all things nursing. If you have a question the answer if here.

llli.org 
This one most people know, but just in case you forgot here it is again.



Parenting

Becoming the parent you want to be
By Laura Davis and Janis Keyser

Dr. Sears 
askdrsears.com

Attachment Parenting Theory   
attachmentparenting.org/ 

 The Continuum Concept 
 This is a really interesting theroy about human nature, parenting, and evolution. It is a must in my book, as it brings some really important things to light. The author defiantly has a strong opinion.
continuum-concept.org/

Playful Parenting By Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D.
playfulparenting.com/a-about.htm

Unconditional Parenting By Alfie Kohn
alfiekohn.org/up/index.html


No comments: